Armoured Soldiers operate and maintain armoured fighting vehicles, its weapon systems and its communication equipment. Armoured Soldiers are members of the Combat Arms team, which also includes Infantry, Artillery and Combat Engineering regiments.
- Location: Kentville, NS
- Salary: $96.00DAY daily for 64 to 160 hours per month
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies 5 vacancies
Armour Officers provide reconnaissance and direct-fire support in battle from armoured fighting vehicles such as the Leopard main battle tank, the Light Armoured Vehicle or Tacticle Armoured Patrol Vehicle, and a variant of the wheeled Light Utility Vehicle. Along with members of the Artillery, Infantry and Combat Engineering regiments, they are members of the Combat Arms.
An Armour Officer is the leader of armoured vehicles in a Reconnaissance Squadron, a Tank Troop or Direct-Fire Support Troop. They are responsible for soldiers’ training, morale, discipline and combat efficiency, and for the operational readiness of their equipment.
As a Reconnaissance Troop Leader, they employ stealth, flexibility and innovation on the battlefield, using advanced sensors and equipment, to locate the enemy and identify high-value targets for the commander.
As a Tank Troop Leader or Direct-Fire Support Troop Leader, they employ mobility, flexibility and shock action on the battlefield to use armoured direct-fire systems to destroy enemy targets.
Armour Officers serve in any kind of terrain — Arctic tundra, tropical jungle, desert, mountains, urban complex — and any kind of climate. They may be deployed abroad on operational missions or in Canada in support of civil authorities in cases of national emergency. Initially, they are posted to one of three Armour regiments:
- The Royal Canadian Dragoons, 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group, Petawawa, Ontario
- Lord Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians), 1 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group, Edmonton, Alberta
- 12th Canadian Armored Regiment, 5th Canadian Brigade Group, Valcartier, Quebec
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Operate armoured vehicles, artillery, hand-held weapons and other military combat equipment and defence systems; Engage in non-combat operations for humanitarian efforts; Provide assistance in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents; Participate in drills and other training in preparation for peacekeeping, combat and natural disaster relief duties; Perform administrative and guard duties
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check; Basic security clearance
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Odours; Hot
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel; Willing to travel for extended periods
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Sound discrimination
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Armed Forces Environment
- Land environment
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Dental plan
- Long term benefits
- Pension plan
Long term benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
902-678-7930 extension 2121 Between 09:30 AM and 03:30 PM